Monday, May 25, 2009

Time Wasters

Recently I have been addicted to Mafia Wars on Facebook and Animal Crossing City Folk. It's amazing how many evenings and hours have gone by propped up in front of these two games. It is also probably why I haven't been blogging as much. Sorry mom, please forgive (and I'm still getting you Animal Crossing for your birthday)!

Normally I'm not a big fan of video games but I have found it very relaxing to escape the realities of this world to a world where I can make $8,000,000 with a click of a button or a world where I can pay off my mortgage in one day by collecting fruit and seashells.

I've settled myself in for the long haul at work. It's more of a marathon (maybe a mega marathon) than a 400 meter sprint. So I'm learning to let things go, focus on the things that matter, and smile through every meeting. I few people have commented although I think they were more suspicious in nature. But you have to laugh when the company you work for disappears over night and a new one takes over. No one knows the rules yet. You can't take yourself too seriously unless you want ulcers and I'm to young for that. I'm just going to wait a little for someone to put together the company cheat codes and post them online. :)

0 comments: