Sunday, August 23, 2009

Prioritizing Money

DH and I have a long wish of hopes, dreams, and wishes. And of course all of these things take money. To help us prioritize when and where we spend out money we've started a list:

  • Xbox 360 (for DH)
  • Carpet for living room and bedroom (slated for Aug)
  • Garage remodel (need estimate)
  • October vacation (going to Florida)
  • New computer desk
  • Vacation to New England (2010)
  • Trip to Portland
  • Trip to Seattle
  • Pay off independent student loan
  • New couch
  • Trip to San Fran (Alcatraz)
  • Car GPS
  • Tires for Versa (Aug)
  • New bed
  • New microwave
  • New work boots for DH
  • Savings to sell house/move
  • New weights for DH
  • New clothes for me
As you can see we have quite the list. Some of it is nonnegotiable like replacing the bald tires on my car and others are a long time off like selling the house and moving. As a planner I need to have an organized strategy. Even if it is never used I like knowing what I'm getting into to help stay on target and keep progressing in the right direction. Our next step is prioritizing our needs/wants and setting goals to meet them.

0 comments: