Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Universe is Testing Me

Today is one of those days where everyone pulls together to really test your patience. Like the village raising a child, the universe is helping me build my practice of mindful thought.

It started with the rain and day 2 of postponing work on the garage. This is a project I’ve dreamed about since the day we bought the house 3 years ago. That is 3 years of saving and waiting finally paying off. But oh the rain.

The recycling truck skipped over our house again and we have a month’s worth of recycling backed up in the house and no garage to store it in. All the houses have empty bins, except mine.

I arrive late to work, my team misses a meeting with the boss , and a tongue lashing follows.

It's just one of those days, a day when nothing goes right.

I stub my toe on the side walk, the camera batteries die as I take my first picture, and I forget to put the tea bag in my hot water. Yep it's just one of those days.

Then I realize how calm I am. I've been awake 3 hours, nothing has gone right, and I'm not mad. I'm not cursing at my desk, telling people off under my breath or packing my bags. I just am.

Thank you universe for bring sunshine to my rainy day.

1 comments:

Bobbinoggin said...

good for you. I'm impressed.