Sunday, January 25, 2009

And the Numbers Say...

We got the quote from the contractors and I was pretty right on in my guestimate although I was secretely hoping that DH would be closer. Further evidence that DH doesn't quite get the full value of money and probably why I handle the all the finances. But that's not what I wanted to write about.

The quote is significantly more than what we have currently saved up. I'm glad scheduled the appointment and got the quote because we needed that kick in the pants to start seriously saving. We had hoped to have the remodel done in April but with this number we might have to push it back a few months so that we can afford to do everything that needs to happen.

I'm a little disappointed about the set back but hope to use this as motivation to get back on the wagon.

0 comments: