Tuesday, February 17, 2009

25 Things About Me

Part of living a focused life is knowing who you are and what you believe in. I had a lot of fun filling this out. Enjoy!

  1. I ran a marathon and it honestly didn't feel that long. Until the next day when I couldn't walk. Half marathons are the way to go.
  2. I tore my ACL and MCL during the Stowe Derby, a race only for crazy people (it's a downhill slash cross country course that starts on top of a mountain and you can only wear your itty bitty, no edges, cross country skis).
  3. I've lived abroad in both Sweden and Sri Lanka.
  4. At one point I could speak French, German, Swedish, and Sinhala. Now I barely speak English. :)
  5. I do not think credit cards are the devil- I believe people are raised in a culture that can't do math and has no respect for the numbers.
  6. I'm not a phone talker as my family and east coast friends will confirm. I'll probably pick up if you call me, but I'm not one to initiate calls. I'm much better at email or meeting in person. (So just hop on a plane and come visit!)
  7. I want to love cooking but it stresses me out. If it requires more than one pan, forget it. I do, however, love baking. I could bake all day or until I pass out from all the taste testing!
  8. My husband taught me to love Johnny Cash.
  9. I'm not a big soda or juice drinker. It's water or if I'm feeling frisky ...Vitamin Water!
  10. I need exercise and yoga to keep me sane. I'm a naturally anxious and stressed out person!
  11. I love Indian food!
  12. Ceasar Millan is one of my heroes. Not just because of his way with dogs but with people too. He is a true leader and I've read all 3 of his books.
  13. I told my husband I'd never marry a cop and 2 months before our wedding he signed on with the local PD. Yet, I still married him so I guess that makes me a liar.
  14. I fall asleep during movies- at home, at a friend's house, in the movie theater, and it doesn't matter what time of the day.
  15. I think my dogs are my kids because well they are! lol
  16. I can't relax in cluttered or cramped spaces. When I'm stressed out the first thing I do is clean, it's amazingly therapeutic.
  17. I have 2 rescued pit bull type dogs but it's the boston terrier you have to look out for!
  18. I have a Masters in Teaching English as a Second Language and I used it for less than a year before changing careers.
  19. If you asked me what I do now, I'd have a hard time describing it. It's a cross between marketing, communications, and project management for a merchant processing company. Don't ask how I got here from teaching. :)
  20. I'm a professional delegater. I love to plan and organize things but want other people to do the dirty work. At times I think I've found the perfect job.
  21. My favorite color is red although there are times when I think it is hideous. I guess that's the Gemini in me coming out.
  22. I'm a proud police wife in a community that thinks the world doesn't need cops.
  23. I prefer to spend my Friday nights at home with my dogs watching Netflex.
  24. I have no qualms about drinking alone (you won't either if you spent most of your married evenings by yourself).
  25. I've been a vegetarian since 2002 but occasionally eat fish at restaurants if my only other option is fries and a salad.

1 comments:

MJ said...

Boy, we are so much alike! I had always vowed to myself I would never marry a cop or someone in the military... *sigh* I guess God showed me whose boss...