Thursday, February 12, 2009

Monthly Recap- Jan 2009

January 2009 was our best month to date!

Even through our income to expenses wasn’t as high as other months we had the lowest expenditures to date! I'm very proud of DH and I for how frugally we started off the year!

Lows:

  • Our phone bill was up $7 mostly because I’ve been texting and sending pics to the family- I guess that's acceptable :)
  • Groceries went up $80 which is to be expected when you stop eating out
  • Porter had his annual vet exam- good bye $90
  • All 3 dogs got worms- $137 for fecal exams and medicine. Double yuck!
Highs:
  • Restaurant budget down $130!
  • Extra $400 went toward paying down my variable rate student loan
  • Doubled our weekly automatic payment to savings account
  • No money spent on clothes, hobbies, or items for the house!
We are on target for an April 2009 for the bathroom remodel!

0 comments: